With 4 teams still undefeated in league play, PacWest women’s volleyball gets interesting
PHOENIX, Ariz. – With four teams still undefeated in league play, the Pacific West Conference women's volleyball standings are beginning to get extremely interesting.
Fresno Pacific (4-0), California Baptist (3-0), BYU-Hawaii (3-0) and Dominican (3-0) all have a two-match lead in the loss column over the rest of the conference teams, and all four squads are riding significant winning streaks.
FPU and Dominican have the biggest match-up of the weekend on Saturday, Sept. 29, when the two squads square off in San Rafael, Calif.
The Sunbirds have won 11 straight matches, while the Penguins have collected four consecutive wins. Fresno Pacific is 12-1 overall, while Dominican is 5-6 after a 1-6 start to the season.
California Baptist and BYU-Hawaii are both 8-2 overall this season, with the Lancers riding a five-match winning streak and the Seasiders boasting a seven-match unbeaten string.
This weekend's schedule:
- California Baptist @ Dixie State (6:00 PM MDT)
- Hawai'i Hilo @ Academy of Art (7:00 PM PDT)
- Chaminade @ Dominican (7:00 PM PDT)
- Point Loma @ Dixie State (4:00 PM MDT)
- Azusa Pacific @ Grand Canyon (3:00 PM MST)
- Chaminade @ Holy Names (7:00 PM PDT)
- Fresno Pacific @ Dominican (7:00 PM PDT)
- Hawai'i Hilo @ Notre Dame de Namur (7:00 PM PDT)
- BYU-Hawaii @ Hawai'i Pacific (5:00 PM HST)